Looking for some opportunities or ways to highlight the season of Lent? Come and join us at St. Mary’s, on the corner of highways 18 & 67 in Dousman. You are welcome here.
LENT at St. Mary’s
God in Our Midst: A Book of Lenten Reflections by Members of St. Mary’s
· Includes the gospel reading of the day for every day of Lent
· Along with the gospel reading is a reflection, some questions and a prayer from 38 parishioners/authors here at St. Mary’s
· Booklets will be out in the narthex and we have enough for everyone to take one
· Thanks to Sally Williams, Staci O’Brien and Bill Scott for their work on coordinating this project – wait ‘til you see it!!
Ash Wednesday – February 18
· Join us for Holy Communion with the Imposition of Ashes at 9:00 am and 7:00 pm
The Last Week: Wednesday Evening Lent Series: February 25 and March 4, 11 & 18.
· An in-depth look at the Scripture passages dealing with the final week of Christ’s earthly life & ministry
· Evening Prayer or Stations of the Cross at 6:00 pm in church
· Soup Supper and presentation/discussion from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Adult Sunday school: discussion of the book, God in a Brothel: Sunday mornings during Lent from 9:05 to 9:50 in the Parish Library
· This is the true story of an undercover investigator’s experiences infiltrating the multi-billion-dollar global sex industry. It is a story of triumph for the children and young teens released from a life of slavery and the rescuer who freed many hundreds of victims leading to the prosecution of dozens of perpetrators. And it is a story of haunting despair for those left behind in corrupt systems of law enforcement. It is the personal story of Daniel Walker, one man who followed a path of costly discipleship, agonizing failure and unlikely redemption. And it is a challenge to God’s people to join in the battle that all might be freed.
· Copies of the book are available while supplies last. They are $13.50 each and are in the Parish Library.
Sunday school for Kids: Sundays Feb 22, March 1, 8, 15 & 22
· All Primary Grade kids are welcome to join us in the Grapevine Room for lessons related to the practice and discipline of Lent – with some good biblical stories, activities and discussion!
Plus… Lent Outreach Opportunity to assist the important work of the Milwaukee Homeless Veterans Initiative and the Lad Lake Independent Living Program.
And…Youth Group will be meeting on February 22, March 8 & 22
For us Christians, the season of Lent should NOT be ‘business as usual’. During this season, the Church invites us to focus in a special way on prayer, sacrifice and giving to those in need as a way of highlighting our own need for reconciliation and wholeness that we may more closely follow Christ. Do something different. Unplug! Come to some of these offerings. Pray. Come to Church on Sunday. Be generous. Pray some more.